A Nostalgic Look at Christmas' Past

December 15, 2011
As you get to know me better from following my blog, you will find out that I not only enjoy decorating, but I love flower gardening, antiquing, family history and nostalgia.  Here is a look at some of MY past Christmas' trees, decorating, etc...
Sometimes the holiday decorating money was scarce.
Here I am in 1960 in front of my Grandma's tree crocheting. Lots of tinsel on the tree and tv trays in the corner.  For sure the 1960's.



Also the 1960's with my parent's aluminum Christmas tree and small netting tree on the round wrought iron plant stand.  It may have been a pink netting tree!

Early 1980's, early marriage, second hand and hand me down decorations on my Grandma's old artificial tree.

The "cutsey" country years. My cute daughter and my mostly craft sale and homemade ornaments.

Didn't we all do it?  The gingerbread men, the birdhouses?

The snowmen.
Hey Mom, I ran out of Christmas decorating money and wrapped the pictures on the walls!

What Steve, you bought a trunk full of Bing and Grondahl Christmas plates at an auction?  It's fun to look back!


Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. How beautiful, I so enjoyed your pictures from C'mas past, you were such a cute little girl, loving C'mas time! I love your mantel's blue plate collection, lovely. I am following you now and I just dropped from Potpourry Friday. Thank you for sharing. May you have a very Merry Christmas.
    FAB BY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is so pretty and festive!

    Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday! Have a very Merry Christmas and wonderful Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.