Changing the Mantel After Christmas

January 02, 2012
We are still taking our decorations down.  I had reported on the blog that the tree was going down January 1st but it did not happen yesterday.  My husband just carried it out the door here five minutes ago.  Remnants of Christmas still remain here and there but I have managed to redo the mantel. 

If you don't remember it, my Christmas mantel looked like this:

A pine snowy swag, flameless waxy votive candles in all my oil lamps and flameless tea lights in my teacups. 

So this is my mantel this afternoon:


Here is part of my rose teacup collection.  I'm sure you have seen others do real book hanging shelves.  I have had these for a while.  I purchased the house with an extensive collection of Reader's Digest Condensed Books (luxury bound) that we used with "L" brackets glued in the bottom book and screwed into the wall.  The top book is loose. 



Another view of the left side of the mantel.



The right side of the mantel.



The entire mantel. 
The special gold mirror above the mantel, my mom purchased at an auction sale years ago when I was still living at home.  I remember it hanging above our console stereo.  (Remember when stereos were turntables
inside a nice wooden piece of furniture?  Like console televisions.)   Well I have had the mirror about 20 years now and I still love it.



There's my Sadler teapot in the center of the teacups.


Another view of the mantel.


That's a little antique purse.

Hope you enjoyed the transformation!


Between Naps on the Porch

Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. Your Tea Cups are just beautiful and I really understand how your feeling about taking down all the Christmas Decorations. Mine came down yesterday and my 43 Nutcrackers graced the mantel.. It's so bare and now to redo it all!
    Happy New Year to you and your family...
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm the other Betsy Speert "victim". Your mantel looks lovely and I think you had a good question for her. Although I got good advice, I felt a little like the unpopular girl in high school after reading the comments under her post. I do have more questions that I'd like to ask, but don't think I have the courage to face THAT again. I'll just quietly follow along from my humble mismatched home. :@


    Have a good weekend! vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess she doesn't think yellow and creamy white are much different!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.