My Semi-Vintage Valentine Collection

January 14, 2012
Earlier this week I shared some older valentines from my grandma's album dating from the early 1900's to the 1930's.  Today I am sharing some of my old valentines from the late 1950's and early 1960's, and also ways I display them.

The graphics and sweet sentiment on these valentines brings me back to the time we all had only one phone per family (a landline), one television set, no electronic games, 45's on a turntable, penny candy, and our innocence. 

Here are some of my valentines:










Here are some ways I have displayed my valentines:


in an old shutter,
in a glass jar,
in a bowl or tray on a table,
in a card or photo holder,
on a shelf using binder clips for stands,

with an old metal flower frog,




Old valentines are lots of fun!

I hope you think so too!

good one
 






Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. Looks like we have the same love for Vinatge Valentine's..You bet I love these..That kitty is so cute.

    I love how you display yours. I have two cabinets I display a few
    German cards. And a few framed. But doing Valentine shows my cards come out of the boxes for the shows and I get to see them once again. I must confess, I also look at them through out the year..I'm hooked.
    ~Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my how beautiful. I love your vintage valentines. Visiting via tatertots and jello weekend wrap up party. First time visitor and new follower. Thanks for sharing your beautiful valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my how did you find me among all the TT&J entries? I think about 700 or so. Thanks for your comment and thanks for becoming a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vintage Valentine collection is amazing! Takes me back to memories of grade school Valentine's Day parties.

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved seeing your vintage Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful collection of vintique valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cuties brought back a lot of memories. How wonderful that you have them, and I LOVE your display ideas! I've never thought of using binder clips that way. How clever. I'll be "borrowing" that idea! Thank you so much for linking this delightful post to the party at my place. laurie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.