New Hardware for the Desk

January 31, 2012
A few weeks ago I shared a post of my updated look for an old Eagle desk. 

Basically, I filled the shelves with a collection of Reader's Digest condensed books from the 1950's with very decorative covers, and removed some of my knick knacks. 

This is the recap: 

Before...



After


Then with the new hardware...





I am sure that many of you are shaking your heads wondering why on earth I went with antique brass drawer pulls and not brushed nickel.  They were on sale, but that's not it!  Gold or antique brass simply goes with my non-contemporary living room.  The Sedgefield lamp on the desk is antique brass.  Most of my picture frames are gold.

I could say that brass is coming back in style, but I don't know that for sure.  I read on another blog that yes, the too shiny brass that was overused in the 1980's and 1990's is out of style, but antique brass, solid brass, will always be in style.  Timeless.  Historical.  (That's my story, and I'm sticking to it)

Anyways those tired old wood drawer pulls needed to be changed up!


Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments