A New Look For My Eagle Desk

January 08, 2012
In 2003, I purchased my Eagle Industries walnut stain, double pedestal desk with hutch.  I needed it for my Dell computer tower, monitor and keyboard.  Little did I know then that the desktop would become somewhat of a dinosaur, and the smaller laptops and all in ones, and iPads would become the newest trend.  I like the transformation, BUT I am thinking about painting the desk.  What would it look like in white?  Annie Sloane chalk paint?

 Here is how my desk used to look:

The old look.



This is the new look.  I used quite of few of my Reader's Digest Condensed book collection (that came with my house 21 years ago). 




I love it except for the printer/scanner.







I think my look is English Country but maybe mixed with a little Grandma Chic.
 

My mail box, a vintage DM Ferry lithographed, dovetailed seed box.  A very special possession. 



I love the new look, books, vintage pottery, and oil lamps!





Between Naps On The Porch




Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. I like your new look. I've just done something similar, with my entertainment center and desk..more books and basket storage, and a little less decorative things.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Babs. It's fun to change things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the look of the Reader's Digest collection. Nice job.
    A few blogger friends and I are collectively introducing a January challenge and it would be so fun if you want to participate. If you have a second, check it out at http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/.
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your new look. I am in the process of decorating and trying to organized my home. I also like changing things around. Thanks for visiting my blog. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new look and I liked your suitcase vignette too. I liked it so much that I have featured it today at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY PARTY...please feel free to grab my starfish feature button for your blog.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your desk and your new displays are wonderful. Love the look of books and baskets, so clean and fresh. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carlene,
    I love this look! I can tell that our styles are similar. I am signing up to follow you and I will list your blog on my blog roll on my regular blog, Debbie-Dabble.

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting Debbie. I have become a follower of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.