Valentine Cupid Suitcase Vignette

January 14, 2012
My creamy white suitcase is back for another vignette.  This time for Valentine's Day! 

I scored a big find at a local consignment/thrift store that anchors this display.  "Cupid Awake" and "Cupid Asleep", classic Victorian prints, copyright 1897 by M B Parkinson are portraits of little Josephine Anderson.  Ohio Art made the prints very popular with their metal frames.  My portraits are by Ohio Art and feature brown painted metal frames and gray matting.  I had a piece of glass cut for one of the frames as it was missing, and unfortunately one of the portraits had some soiling and foxing.  A little rubbing alcohol removed much of the soil but not the foxing.  Still a great find at $15 for the pair.

To complete the vignette, I added a piece of burlap fabric on the bottom, jars with vintage crochet thread and buttons in white, ecru and tan.  A little white female bust, lace gloves, a vintage string of pearls and an embroidered, tea stained, Valentine pillow continue the off white theme. 





I love it.  I hope you do too!





follow me here:

Between Naps On The Porch

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing


Photobucket

French Country Cottage

2805
Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. I do! Carlene that is really darling! And you scored good on the cupid prints. The vignette looks beautiful against the snow outside....We just got 2" ourselves last night. *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from BNOTP. I do love your little suitcase vignette. It is a great accessory to style for each occasion and you have done another beautiful job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for you nice comments. The suitcase is the perfect size for tabletop vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks very pretty and romantic. I love it. Visiting from Between Naps on the Porch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Carlene. Nicely staged. I have a lot of the same things that you used, but I have not seen the Cupid asleep. Hope you will stop over to Timeless Treasures
    http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/
    Blessings. Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sweet vignette! I have original Cupid pictures as well. They were given to my Great-Grandmother as an anniversary present from my Great-Greandfather. My Grandma later received them and gave them to me. As a child, I always admired the pictures and she and I would make up little stories about them. If you ever see a similarly framed picture of Madonna and Child, snatch it up! It was sold with the Cupids by Ohio Art. I have it as well. Happy I found your blog through Debbie's Newbie Party! I'll now be following and looking forward to reading more! Please feel free to drop by and visit me as well! Hugs, Leena, pinkcherubmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable vignette! I have all shapes and sizes of those cupids with the date tucked away on the arrow. Love them...yours look great in the suitcase. Thanx for sharing and come on over and visit my blog castle sometimes...from family to pets to crafts to antiques to decorating. Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did. I love anything vintage or old. I have a little case, that I might try to do something like this in. Thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! This is my third vignette in this little suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable vignette! Of course I am such a fan of vintage photos! Thank you for sharing this fabulous post to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Honey. The little suitcase is really handy for vignettes.

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful vignette! I love how you've arranged it all and I love the extra touch of the pearls and gloves. Just gorgeous! I popped over to visit from Feathered Nest Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dreamgoddess! The suitcase is a great size for vignettes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.