Owls & Googly Eyes

September 23, 2012
I found a couple more owls this week for only $2 each.

They were unmarked. I don't really know what they are made of, maybe some sort of soap stone. I think they are incense burners. I don't think ashtrays, but something has been burned inside.

I took this little runner that I already had with tea staining and a little embroidery...

I ironed some fabric to heat and bond and cut out a little fabric owl to decorate the other side of the runner. He has felt under black button eyes.

I put a little rustic bench on one corner of my kitchen counter top, and put the runner over the bench. This little Carlton teapot is a new find too. I glued some googly eyes on a mini pumpkins and placed it on the teapot.

I added another teapot and pumpkin with googly eyes.

My Northern Pottery white owl and one of the new black ones...

And the other black owl, and a couple more googly eyed mini pumpkins. It's kind of hard to tell, but I put a flame-less tea light in the owls. I think it will show up better at night.

This is how it all came together.

With the two new black owls, I now have nine owls! This is my most unexpected collection.



I'm a Fan of My 1929 Charmer Blog!

I'm joining Life on Lakeshore Drive.






"






In The Old Road







Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. Cute vignette! I love owls; they're my new favorite "thing". I have that same little runner with the embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute corner, love the googly eyed pumpkins. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your owls, you are so talented,Carlene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your owls! I need an owl for sure. I also love that vintage teapot you found!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. And it came together adorably! Love the pumpkins in a teapot.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your owls! They are so cute. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I am hosting a linky party, and would love for you to share these adorable owls. http://lifeonlakeshoredrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-bouquet-of-talent-sunday-linky-party-3.html

    Have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute bunch of googly-eyed owls. Cute runner too.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carlene: Isn't it amazing. You find maybe two things and pretty soon you have a whole collection that you didn't even know you had. That little pumpkin with the googly eyes in the Carlton teapot is so cute. They all are but he is my favorite. He would make me smile every day..Happy Sunday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carlene, I love your goggly eyed pumpkins peeking out of tea pots. I'm going to copy this idea. So clever. Also, very clever to make an owl for the other side of that runner. Your owls are all so cute, and they are so "in" right now. I see them everywhere, but I especially love yours, because they are vintage. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Calene, this vignettte is so darn cute! Love the runner. I usually don't care for googly eyes, but here they work. My grandies would love it! The tea pot is wonderful. My how your owls are growing. What a hoot!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to say, that's pretty darn cute! You always have the best ideas!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a cute idea with the squash/pumpkins and the googly eyes! How cute is that!!!??!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling idea! I love the owl runner and the pumpkins'squash are just too cute! My son was giggling at the picture and he told me he liked them. I think maybe he and I will have to make some :)
    Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way too cute! Love the tea pot heads! You're inspiring me. . .

    ReplyDelete
  15. A real cool looking vignette, like how you recycled the linen, and loving the owls and the pumpkin peaking out of the teapot! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so fun!! You are always so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The owls are so cute! Nice vignette, Carlene! I took a look at your mantel too and the china is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. I just love your awesome owls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute! Love the use of the silver pots in your vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandra@ Beneath this roof, Within these WallsOctober 2, 2012 at 11:11 PM

    Adorable! I picked up a couple of little owls the other day at a yard sale, they were just too cute! I certainly do NOT need another collection of anything, but if I stop with two, I can't call it a collection, right?? I think three is a collection, then I would be lost. Nope, not another one--except that yours are soooo cute---

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute! Love the little runner:@)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.