Framed Button Box Snowman & Christmas Tree

October 28, 2012
I worked on Christmas crafts this weekend.

I started with Dollar Tree 4 x 6 frames. The frames were real wood stained or painted red. I picked out buttons from my button box, cut a scrap of burlap, and purchased a 1/2 yard of rhinestone look ribbon at the craft shop. (I used very little ribbon, you will have a lot leftover for other crafts.)


These supplies were for the button snowman frame.


I laid just the wood part of the frame over the burlap on a newspaper insert and positioned the buttons in a tree shape within the frame.

I used fast grab Aleene's Tacky Glue for gluing the buttons on the burlap. I used a Q-tip to put glue on the backs of the buttons.




Mod Podge was used to stick the burlap to the frame cardboard backs. I am spreading out the Mod Podge on the cardboard frame backs here.



Gluing the tree buttons on the burlap.



The finished button snowman frame.




The finished button Christmas Tree frame. The glue will dry clear in the button holes.







An easy and inexpensive craft project for Christmas.












Joining Rebecca for Meet Me Monday.

Joining Brenda at Tweak It Tuesday.








"
shabby creek cottage
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. Okay, these are just toooooo darn cute! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlene: Did you make these up yourself or did you see them somewhere? They are the cutest ever! I know I've said it before, BUT, you are so darn clever..Happy Sunday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Love the old button look of the snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so adorable, Carlene! Your going to give me the Christmas crafting itch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They a so cute! The snowman is adorable!
    I had an idea as I was reading the post--to make a few and give them to people instead of a Christmas card! A greeting could be written on the back. . .Most cards cost more than this project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the re-purposing you can do here with the buttons!! So cute!! Found you on Meet Me Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carlene, I saw these on FB and thought they were as cute as can be. You must have quite a button collection. I think these would make the best gifts and you are so smart to get started early.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait a minute!! I just finished decorating for Halloween and you've already got 2 Christmas projects done!

    Very cute! I like the bling you used for the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just flat out adorable! I love both of them and would love to have something like this for my home! Super cute!!!!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. didn't know there was rhinestone ribbon. How cute is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carlene! I am loving this cute little project. That snowman is adorable. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so clever and so cute. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great idea! I am definitely doing this for the holidays this year! Thank you for sharing! :)
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the snowman...he's so cute. The tree is a great idea, too...but I love snowmen! :)
    kelly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.