Fun with Figurines Valentine's Day Display

January 16, 2013
With Valentine's Day just a month away, a young man's thoughts turn to love...




And a pretty girl waits to be courted.




Sometimes the right guy and the right girl meet, fall in love,



and live happily ever after.






The young man and woman are vintage figurines from a collection in my china cabinet.  I photographed the figurines laying down side by side earlier today on red wrapping paper.  I printed the photo on 8 1/2 x 11 paper.

Obviously I had some time on my hands.  But isn't it fun to dream of happy endings?










Joining Jann for Share Your Cup Thursday.

Joining Dru for Country Whites Weekend 2.










Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. I don't see their chaperone in that picture. Tsk, tsk. Aren't they standing a little close? And you photographed them lying down together? Scandalous! The town will be a buzz with gossip. hee, hee. I've been reading Georgette Hayer lately. Can you tell? If you don't know of her stories, they are set in old England when propriety ruled.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet & clever too! Love it Carlene. What is it about thoe vintage figurines, they are hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and clever! Love they are 'together' in your vignette. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I say a wonderful use of time ..... makes me want to pull out some of my valentine things and start putting a few touches around our home. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kept wondering how in the world did she find a picture of the exact figurines!
    They kinda remind me of ones my mom used to have. They were George and Martha...yellow and black and I have looked for 40 years for some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely figurines, Carlene, and great idea of photographing them together.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute post, Carlene...and I love a happy ending, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet idea and I am so glad you explained how you did because I was confused! Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe! I thought you photoshopped the couple into the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you revealed how you got the couple together in the frame! You are so creative, Carlene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely figurines and so beautiful to display at Valentines! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful figurines! They'd be great for Country Whites Weekend--going on now! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    Dru

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carlene, what a clever girl you are to think of photograping the vintage couple. So, so cute! Lovers in Love! Can't get any better than that. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.