A New Potting Bench

April 11, 2013
Over ten years ago, maybe even fifteen, I wanted a potting bench.  Most of the potting benches that I looked at in catalogs were over $250.  This just was not in my family of five budget.

I saw a pine workbench kit in the local Menard's flyer.  My husband wasn't on board with the idea from the beginning, but the price was great at $39.  I stained it with deck stain after it was assembled.  The boards in the kit had some seconds but that just added to the charm of my workbench/potting bench.

This was my potting bench early summer 2010.



This is 2011. My old pumps and galvanized pails were always in the potting bench vignettes.

I used the bottom shelf to display my budding collection of watering cans.

The summer of 2012, and more watering cans.

But changes are coming...

The makeshift $39 workbench from Menard's is going to retire, or at least be moved out to pasture.

A new potting bench will be taking it's prominent place on the front patio.

Yesterday, I saw it.  Today I bought it.

A rustic sink repurposed with rough wood into a potting bench.  Here it is on display at No Place Like Home Again.



It's just the thing I needed to raise my spirits that have been low due to an extra long winter!!!!!!!

The new bench will be making it's way to my house in the coming weeks!  Stay tuned.
















Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. It's just perfect! I recently turned a lackluster hutch I found in a thrift shop into a potting hutch. I plan to put it to good use really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is great! I have potting bench envy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! I can't wait to see it in its new home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cool! I'm kind of envious of your new potting bench.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!! It is adorable! Can't wait to see it dressed up with your watering cans!! Lucky you! Now we just need some SPRING!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous Carlene, that is just perfect!
    And your watering cans and old pumps just add so much!
    I ordered a new quilt and shams yesterday.
    As you know, I have that same extra long winter problem.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with your new potting bench. I can't wait to see it on your front patio.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just perfect for a potting bench! Can't wait to see it at your house!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new potting bench is fabulous!!! Good for you! It had your name on it, I believe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving your potting bench and now looking for an old sink!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fabulous! I love the double sink top. It's going to be amazing.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your potting bench...it is awesome!! Love the double sink on it.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooo, I love the new bench! Someday I hope to have a potting bench as well!

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my ... just love that potting bench. You deserve it after the terrible winter. You will have so much fun dressing it up.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was thinking... I like that old one what could be better? Oh yeah!

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  16. omgosh!!!! love it, can see why you bought it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous potting bench find. I pot my things on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh way to go at scoring that potting bench! It is perfect. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! That is beautiful! I just saw one of those sinks at a garage sale last week and tried and tried to think what I could do with it. It was too large for the kitchen. Darn, now I wish I had gotten it anyway.

    Can't wait to see it with all of your garden goodies.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh goodie, you are going to create some wonderful garden scenes for us with this bench aiding you. It's simply amazing. Love your geranium sign too!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Carlene. What a great find. I know you will put it to good use. It is so practical but so cute!!!..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great potting bench! Love the color and I know you can't wait to start using it. Will you have water piped to it?

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE it !!! NOW I want one sister.. I have ENVY of your potting bench LOL .. Hugs and have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  24. And I liked the Menards bench to begin with...no comparison, it's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! I love this idea so much I want to do this with a heavy old hutch I've had for years. Now to find the sink.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.