Creating a Vintage Style Christmas and a Linky Party!

December 07, 2013
Welcome to Creating Christmas!  


I am starting the party off today with my collection of vintage Christmas figurines!  
Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
This grouping is situated on top of my vintage washstand along with an old vanity mirror, a vintage Christmas tea towel, a mismatched snow village, and a couple of ceramic trees, one with a tea light at the rear.


Spray Painted Mismatched Snow Village www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
(My post about the thrifted snow village is here.

Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com


Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
Starting on the left is a Holt Howard Santa on a sleigh, with a Napco Mrs. Santa shaker, and a vintage unmarked deer figurine is in front.  This is a "married" grouping.  Mrs. Santa is missing the other shaker, the Holt Howard Santa is missing his original large white reindeer, and I'm not sure if the deer was originally part of a set or not.  I'm not all matchy-matchy, so this works for me!  These figurines are from the 1950's and 1960's.

Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
These adorable little angels are all made by Lefton in the 1950's.  These two sets are my favorites. The little deer is also vintage.  Maker unknown, but likely made in Japan.


Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com

Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
These two little Lefton angels have their vintage pug dog figurine out caroling this evening.  (Every home needs a pug!)


Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
Moving over to my desk's hutch, I have two "made in Japan" Santa candle holders that I have displayed with bottle brush trees. The Waechtersbach holly bowl is filled with snowballs made last year, and posted to my blog.



Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
The taller figurine with the packages was my Mom's, and I remember it from my childhood.  More mismatched snow village houses that I painted white in 2011, a little unmarked angel with a tree, and another pug dog.


Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
This is the right side of the desk hutch.

Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
This little pair of angel figurines is marked Japan, and the gold candle salt and pepper shakers are unmarked with cork stoppers.

Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
This angel is another of my favorites.  I love her eyelashes.  Maker unknown.

Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
The center shelf of my desk hutch. 

Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
These little charmers on the left side of the hutch are salt and pepper shakers.  The little angels in front are marked Japan, and the other set is made by Napco in 1956.  

Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
The set of deer are unmarked, and the sleigh is from the early 80's made by Lefton.

Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com


Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
This hutch works well for displaying my Christmas figurines.

Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
This Santa figural planter I purchased thrifting last winter is also unmarked.  


Vintage Christmas Angels & Figurines www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
This little lady is the only Christmas head vase in my collection.


1959 Santa & Reindeer Columbia Toys www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
This Santa and his reindeer were mine as a child.  They are made by Columbia Toys, copyright 1959.  Plastic faced stuffed animals were popular when I was a child.

If you are a baby boomer, you might remember some of these vintage Christmas pieces!  

Be sure to join the other Creating Christmas party hosts.

Monday - Junk Chic Cottage - White Christmas
Tuesday - Must Love Junk - Rustic Christmas
Wednesday - Fishtail Cottage - Cottage Christmas
Thursday - Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson - Sugar and Spice Christmas

Please link up any of your vintage style Christmas posts below!






follow me here:


<!-- end LinkyTools script –> Savvy Southern Style
Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. You have such a beautiful collection. I love H Holt and Lefton, though I don't have any yet. Always on the lookout though. I think my faves of yours are those 3 deer pictured with the Lefton sleigh. That reminds me of some sleigh planters I have that I haven't gotten out yet! Thanks for hosting this party, I'll have to check back to visit others later. Merry Christmas - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great vintage goodies, Carlene! I LOVE the Holt Howard Santa...that face!...and of course, every home needs a pug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlene, I love your collections! The Leftons are just precious. The Santa and reindeer from your childhood is such a treasure and I adore all of the little reindeer! Thanks so much for joining in this party. I'm sure more links will show up soon!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Howard Holts and Leftons and especially the Christmas Head Vase. I have one Christmas Head vase and she also gets to share a bunch of holly. Thanks for hosting Creating A Vintage Style Christmas. Have a wonderful week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some really cute pieces, I really enjoyed looking at them, the Lefton ones are always so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! Honestly I love all Christmas decorations, but this is very cute, great job!

    Angi@ cantbuymelovvve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. O my....this is an AWESOME collection.
    You really started this party week off great. Thanks so much for sharing all these and for hosting this party.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your figurine collection is just adorable. love those little singing angels. I remember my grandmother having some of those when i was little...long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, there! First time here- I think!

    Love your little displays. I've been having so much fun with mine.
    Maybe I'll link up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have an amazing collection! I have Christmas Lefton angels but not sure I am bringing them out this year. Trying to keep it simple this year, but I already really miss them seeing your pretties! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being that we are around the same age, I remember all these things and collect many of them, also. Your sweet trio of deer would be very welcome in my house! I love all your Lefton angels, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I had to join this party. Thanks so much for hosting it. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your vintage Christmas collectibles are so cute. Love the sweet Santa on the sleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have some wonderful vintage Christmas items. Thank you for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun to view all of these lovely vintage christmas decorations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your touches of vintage Christmas! The little Santa planter with the tree is my favorite! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful collection. I am joining the party- Jann Olson suggested I link up! Love the Lefton angel figurines. I think I may have a couple and was going to make a blog post showing them! As soon as I do I'll add them to the party too!
    ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh your collection is wonderful! I linked up to the party this week. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carlene,
    I love all your vintage Lefton's they are absolutely too cute. Thanks for starting the party off. Love all the vintage.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, what a collection you have.

    Thanks for hosting the party. I can't wait to see Kris Junk Chic Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carlene, I love seeing your vintage collection! We had several of those figurines at our home when I was young. Thanks, also for hosting a fun party!! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  22. love your collection of little girls! I have some Lefton Christmas Angels and they are so sweet. Having trouble taking photos as we have had no sunshine for days!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! It's just so charming, happy, and nostalgic that one can't help, but smile. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love all your Christmas figurines Carlene, especially that sweet little set of unmarked deer. This is my kind of party. So much wonderful vintage inspiration. Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Carlene,
    I linked up my Christmas Home Tour. There are vintage items in every part so i hope that is okay...

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your little "scenes" are wonderful! I also collect vintage figurines from Napco, Lefton, Holt Howard, etc. and have worked several days trying to figure out how to display them. Ta daaah! Found your blog! Thanks very much, you've given me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.