Easy Valentine's Day Decor with Thrift Shop Hearts

January 06, 2014
Scouring the Thrift Shops for Valentine Hearts www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
Since Christmas is over, I have been scouring the thrift shops for heart shapes.  Here I have a vintage heart cake pan from Bake King, a Jello mold, a necklace and heart from a necklace, and a tin heart cookie cutter.



First I painted the gold necklace heart red with Revlon red nail polish.

Then I attached the aluminum jello mold and the vintage heart cookie cutter with double stick tape.  (You could glue these together, but I may use them again for another project.)


Jello Mold, Cookie Cutter, Necklace Heart Valentine Decor www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
 Then I attached the nail polished necklace heart to the center of the cookie cutter, and displayed the hearts on a 25 cent thrift shop wooden plate holder.

Easy Valentine's Day Decor with Thrift Shop Hearts www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
Then I filled an apothecary bottle with water and red food coloring.

Easy Valentine's Day Decor with Thrift Shop Hearts www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
I hung the $1 and $2 thrift shop necklaces on the neck of the bottle.

Easy Valentine's Day Decor with Thrift Shop Hearts www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com


Easy Valentine's Day Decor with Thrift Shop Hearts www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
I added the thrift shop hearts to my recent aluminum and tin kitchen vignette.

Easy Valentine's Day Decor with Thrift Shop Hearts www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com

Easy Valentine's Day Decor with Thrift Shop Hearts www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
Easy vintage, thrift shop, junker Valentine's Day decor!

Easy Valentine's Day Decor with Thrift Shop Hearts www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
The heart cake pan project is still in progress!  It will be coming soon!






follow me here:

Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. So pretty Carlene you are all ready for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely amaze me. Now who in the world would think of this and it is fabulous. I would love for you to link up to my 198th Inspire Me party. - - -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2014/01/198th-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hope to see you there. Hugs Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute & love that u recycled!
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the heart. I have one like that somewhere. Not ready for hearts just yet, I still need to take down my Christmas. Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the heart you made...so cute!! And the necklaces around the bottle is so pretty!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you make the most ordinary stuff so darn cute. You need a book deal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shots of red with all the vintage aluminum really look awesome. I love that you used double sided tape so you can reuse some of the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does your mind ever stop? Love those little bits of red!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you see things in ordinary junk! So cute and so fun! Nice job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good Carlene ... you are just so creative by making simple things be so decorative.
    Stay Safe.
    Blessings for 2014 and forever.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carlene this turned out really cute!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute Carlene!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.