A Repurposed Crank Handle Hook

July 20, 2014
I started my re-purposed hook project with a salvaged drawer pull, crank handle and chippy painted board.  The crank handle was $2 at the consignment shop, and I got the drawer pull and board from my Junkin' Friend Jodi.


The crank handle has a hole that allowed a wood screw to attach it to the board.

Since the board and crank handle were thick, a screw had to be sunk in a bit to reach the drawer pull hole.  A picture hanger was attached at the top.

After the hook was assembled, I stained the exposed wood on the freshly sawed ends, and where the paint had chipped off with my steel wool and vinegar stain.  (Did you notice I swapped out the drawer pull since the first photo?  I liked the round one better.)

Crank Handle Hook Repurpose www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
The steel wool and vinegar stain also yellowed the paint quite a bit. The aluminum coffee pot is a recent $2 thrift shop purchase, and the pewter pitcher was obtained from my neighbors.

Old Pitchers in a Rustic Kitchen www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
I also recently purchased this great old, (12 1/2" tall) enamelware pitcher for $4 at the thrift shop.

I'm pretty sure the enamelware pitcher is old with the chippy and stained patina and heavier weight.  

Crank Handle Hook Repurpose www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
All of these items are at home in my rustic, vintage style kitchen.

Repurposed Crank Handle Towel Hook www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
I ended up hanging the crank handle hook in my laundry room for a towel!








Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. So cute! You make the cutest things out of items I would look at and say - what in the world would I ever do with this? LOL Really a darling idea.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great upcycle! Cute too :-)

    Have a happy week...
    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! You make the coolest things from old junk!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving that enamel pitcher you scored at the thrift store! It would look so pretty filled with fresh flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredibly clever...you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Carlene!! Perfect in your kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.