Miniature Pulley Re-Purposed Christmas Tree Ornament

October 10, 2014
 I found the cutest little pulley today at the consignment shop for $2.  

 I purchased it because I got an inspiration for a re-purposed Christmas tree ornament, and the price was right.

I remembered that I had purchased this spool of music note ribbon at Jo Ann Fabrics last Christmas season but never used it.  I had planned to wrap some wooden thread spools, I think.



Since I just got this ornament idea today at 11:00 am, the steps unfolded in my head mostly.  In other words, I didn't get a lot of photos of a tutorial, but here's what I did:
Christmas Ribbon on a Repurposed Pulley www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com

First I wrapped the ribbon around the pulley.  I used a piece to tape to attach the ribbon end to the pulley, wrapped it  around and around on the pulley spool, and then used a straight pin to secure the ribbon to pulley spool.  I formed a large jump ring from a piece of wire to attach to the bottom of the pulley as my regular sized jump rings were too small.  Next I added two more of my jewelry sized jump rings and a plastic craft crystal.  The crystal or facet is from the Tim Holtz craft line.  My pulley ornament hangs from a piece of jute twine.  I printed "Merry Christmas" on Picmonkey in the Dead Hardy font.  I cut out the words "Merry Christmas" in a banner shape and clothespinned it to the jute hanger.  The little clothespin was stained with my steel wool and vinegar stain to give it some age.

Christmas Ribbon on a Repurposed Pulley www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
That's pretty much how I came to make a repurposed pulley Christmas tree ornament today.  I enjoy making re-purposed Christmas tree ornaments.  I think of it as a challenge.  Last year I made these repurposed ornaments.









Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. I love your sweet little pulley and it does look so cute with the ribbon on the tree, I too love things repurposed...don't you just love finding little treasures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable in a cute industrial sort of way :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great make over for an ornament.....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool!
    I don't think the crystal is even necessary. .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This industrial girl loves it.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just too cute! Love how you repurposed a piece of "junk" into something beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing this idea,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's adorable. I have a little pulley in my craft stash- you gave an idea for a pendant.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So darn cute and clever, it makes a perfect Christmas tree ornament. Of course I had to check out all your other clever ideas too...what an imagination you have. Love them all, but my favorite is the cookie cutter snowman. Thanks for sharing everything at VIP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute ornament!! Love how it came out!! :) Have a lovely day! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever idea. I can't believe it "just came to you." Great way to use your musical notes ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.