French Country Up-cycle of a Garage Sale Find

January 25, 2015

Normally I am upcycling and repurposing my thrift shop finds but this time I am giving this little country style, garage sale, potpourri drawer a little French makeover.  The piece was actually red and navy blue when I purchased it.  Here I have already given it a base coat of American Accents Rustoleum paint in Nutmeg.


Next I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in "Pure White".  I distressed it with sandpaper.

I added this French perfume label from the Graphics Fairy via the Mod Podge image transfer method.


Upcycled Garage Sale Potpourri Drawer www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
Here is the top of my drawer with French graphic.  If you rub off some your graphic accidentally when removing the paper, like I did on the lower left corner, no matter, it adds to the piece's antique appearance.  A coat of Annie Sloan clear wax will protect the graphic.

Upcycled Garage Sale Potpourri Drawer www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
I added a little faux bouquet of lavender to the drawer.

Upcycled Garage Sale Potpourri Drawer www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
My little faux bouquet was $3 each making this whole project cost a whopping $4.

French Upcycle of a Thrift Shop Apple Cider Jug www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
If you like French upcycles, you may also like my lavender soap makeover of a cider jug here.  This project cost me under $2.

Have you tried Mod Podge image transfer yet?


 I tried my new Canon Rebel ti3 for the very first time today.  The next two photos were taken with the new camera!  I still have a lot to learn!
















Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. How sweet! Love that Nutmeg color. I use it a lot.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this turned out, Carlene...and the lavender is perfect! I haven't tried the modge podge transfer method yet...looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlene! YoU aRe AbSoLuTeLy AMAZING! I just love this little box! Very Clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this makeover...it turned out so pretty!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Great job :-)

    Blessings...
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh you make the cutest things ever!! I love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out so sweet. I love the lavender in it. I haven't tried the Mod Podge transfer method or the nutmeg color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Carlene, you are getting your French on! Love how it turned out! The graphic is great and the lavender is a sweet touch. Fabulous bottle also.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a difference a little paint and pretty graphic can make. Love it! Thanks Carlene for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet and lovely, what a fun way to use a stray drawer. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both these reverse modge podge projects turned out great ~ love the clarity of the transfer. I'm thinking I should give this another try. Popped over from the My Salvaged Treasured link party. Best ~ Mickie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect. Good job. Lovely photos too. Bet you love that new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A little paint goes a long way in showing love to a piece. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.