Toilet Paper/Magazine Rack Combo Holder Up-Cycle

January 11, 2015
My Junkin' Friend Jodi gave me this for free.  I think it's a combination magazine rack and extra toilet paper holder for the bathroom.


My up-cycle started with a couple coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in "Cream".

Then I added 1/2" chicken wire to the back with small nails.  I also stabilized the shelves with a few extra nails through the side boards, as it was a bit warped.

As always, I distressed the shelf with sandpaper, and then waxed it with Annie Sloan clear wax.  I painted my junk stash handle with Annie Sloan in "French Linen".  It was then screwed onto the top board.

Salvaged Shelf Valentine's Day Decor #upcycle #repurpose
Since I haven't posted any new Valentine's Day decor yet this year, I have decked out the shelf with a vintage red metal tray, a cheese strainer heart and a small wooden "love" sign.  The cheese strainer is tied onto the handle with a scrap of muslin.

Salvaged Shelf Valentine's Day Decor www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
A perfectly chippy little red metal basket finishes out my vignette!  

Salvaged Shelf Valentine's Day Decor #upcycle #repurpose
I got my shelf for free, but these types of shelves are available very cheaply at your local thrift shops!  Happy Up-cycling & Re-purposing!














Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. Good job... I sell them all the time, just add a little chicken wire :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlene, your creativity inspires me.......love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - I wasn't sure where you were headed with this project, but wow~it looks fantastic. So cute and clever! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun makeover...and I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one! Useful in so many ways! It would be great for holding phone books and phone... no wait, wrong era. It could be used as a charging station...?
    or hold trays/ cookie sheets?
    Oh! magazines...
    I have no idea...except that it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was surprised with the red Valentine ending - but sooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute look Carlene. Adding the chicken wire just made it special. Love the little heart too.
    Blessings.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great makeover! The Valentine's Day touches are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.