My Vintage Toys On the Christmas Mantel 2013

December 08, 2013
I actually started this mantel several weeks ago but never finished it until today.


Vintage Toys Christmas Mantel www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
The theme for this year is vintage toys, mostly from the 1960's.  Let's take a closer look.



Vintage Toys Christmas Mantel www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
There's my vintage Tonka dump truck that has appeared on my blog from time to time.  A little knee hugger vintage elf is perched on the truck's hood, while a vintage Santa and a Christmas tree are in the dump bucket.  I just found the bowling pin thrifting last fall.  It's a fun piece!

Vintage Toys Christmas Mantel www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
Santa and the elf are both new finds.


Vintage Toys Christmas Mantel www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
Next is a red metal toy ironing board, along with a Sears Kenmore green toy range, and Vogue Ginny doll  from my childhood home.  The ironing board and stove have family Christmas cards from the 1960's attached with magnets.  The Chinese checkerboard is from my collection of boards, and the shovel, and toy coffee pot are also vintage.


Vintage Toys Christmas Mantel www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
Another vintage elf is atop a red plaid thermos.  My Mom found him thrifting.

Vintage Toys Christmas Mantel www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
The original plastic tree is missing from this vintage light up hard plastic Santa from Royal, but I added a small bottle brush one.


Vintage Toys Christmas Mantel www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com

Vintage Toys Christmas Mantel www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
Then on the far right of the mantel is a vintage Coca Cola tin with a faux tree and my baby doll.  An old Flexible Flyer sled lean against the mantel and red and green wool stockings await Santa's arrival.

Vintage Toys Christmas Mantel www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
I decorated the little tree with an idea from Inspired Room blog where Melissa used family silverware on her dining room tree.  This toy silverware was my Mom's.  She had it as a child, and it was made in Germany.

Vintage Toys Christmas Mantel www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
This is Terry.  She was my baby doll, and she has made several appearances on my blog.  She is just a plain old hard plastic doll with grooves in her head for hair!


Vintage Toys Christmas Mantel www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
My walking doll and a pair of vintage wood skis complete the mantel for 2013!


Vintage Toys Christmas Mantel www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com

There's still time to enter my Creating Christmas - Vintage Style Linky Party!




follow me here:

Savvy Southern Style
Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. Oh I just love it Carlene! What a step back in time.
    Reminds me of my childhood too.
    You did a great job bringing all the elements together..love it!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just way too fun! What a stroll down memory lane! Thank you for all the inspiration ...

    Blessed Christmas to you and yours!

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best nostalgia. Great collections, such treasures. Pinned and pinned and pinned.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Carlene, you know all these fabulous old toys appeal to my inner child! Your little green stove is just so cute with real burners and everything! They sure don't make toys like that anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifule! I remember having a doll very much like the one you have on your mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun mantle you've created! I love the family ties to many of the pieces that makes them extra special. I'm a little worried about the doll on the burners though... that beared elf kind of gives me the willies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I remember all these!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love everything I'm seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! This is my kind of decorating, where the space becomes a living memory or tells a story. In this way you have created true Christmas magic! I hope you'll stop by and see mine this year. I hope to get some posts up tomorrow.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baby doll!!! I have the same one! Her name is Carolina- we've been thru a lot together. I lost my house in a fire and was pretty sure she went as well, only to find her several years after in a box that had been stored in the barn loft...I lifted her out of the box and cried like I had found my long lost child! She now has a lovely little green cradle in our bedroom! Thank you for the beautiful display!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the vintage toys and your doll. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks great!! Brings back a lot of memories from when I was a little girl.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love all of your darling vintage toys!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun, fun! Can I come play? I have a vintage Coca Cola tin that my daughter gave me for Christmas years ago. It's now in our Theater room. I too have a bowling pin and it's one of my favs. I have a lot of the same things, but one thing I don't have and am loving is your green stove. So, so Cute! I love how you displayed it all Carlene. Super cute!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I love it -- especially the pictures on the ironing board and little oven. We had that same chinese checkers board when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful display! I love vintage items and yours are so pretty...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carlene, I love your collection of vintage toys, the ironing board is so neat.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  18. That Santa of yours is really adorable. I want that! So cute. Your collection is really good. Simple yet classy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really love all your vintage Christmas toys.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH Carlene, I love your mantel. I love the vintage toys and what you have done. You have worked magic putting this together. My mouth dropped open on Pinterest when I saw the picture of your mantel above. I love it! Great job. I too love toy metal stoves and have a collection on top of my refrigerator in my kitchen. They just make me happy! Have a great Christmas!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  21. How wonderful that you have so many treasures from your childhood! Love the ironing board, and how clever to turn it into photo display! I have a few of my husband's toys, and maybe if I get lucky "thrifting" I can try something like this for next year. Pinned for inspiration! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have so many of these items in my store...the ironing board, little kitchen sink...ours is pink...sled with skates, red plaid thermos and a big walking doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. your mantel is so much fun and full of things I love. Terry is adorable...I have some old baby dolls and love them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.